524J = Packaged Air Handler
E = 208/230/460-3-60
16 = 15 Ton
A = Standard (4-Row DX) Puron Coil
0 = Standard single speed motor controller
00 = Default
A = Standard Aluminum Fin / Copper Tube
2 = Standard Motor / Medium Drive
0 = Default
A = Unpainted Cabinet
A = Default
A = Default
Bryant’s versatile packaged heat pump air-handling units satisfy design requirements with:
- Multi-position design for horizontal or vertical installation without modification.
- Standard sloped drain pans and cleanable insulation treated with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registered antimicrobial agent improve indoor air quality.
- High-static design meets a wider range of applications than competitive packaged air handler lines.
- Economizer accessory provides ventilation air and “free” cooling.
- Cooling coils with mechanically bonded fins provide peak heat transfer.
- Hot water coil, steam coil, and electric heat accessories are available.
- Standard factory-installed thermo-static expansion valves (TXV) with removable power element on 524J--H units.
- Die-formed galvanized steel casings provide durability and structural integrity. Optional paint is available.
FEATURES / BENEFITS
Easy-to-install and economical 40RU units provide reliable service.
The 524J--H Series units with direct-expansion coils are the best choice for packaged heat pump air handlers. All models offer excellent fan performance, a unique combination of indoor air quality features, easy installation, and affordable prices. Their versatility and state-of-the-art features will provide economical performance now and in the future.
Indoor air quality features
- The unique combination of features in the 524J--H Series air handlers ensures that clean, fresh, conditioned air is delivered to the occupied space.
- Cooling coils prevent the build-up of humidity in the room, even during part-load conditions.
- Two-inch (51-mm) disposable filters remove dust and airborne particles from the occupied space.
- Thermal insulation contains an immobilized anti-microbial agent to inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi. The anti-microbial agent is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Pitched drain pan can be adjusted for a right-hand or left-hand connection to provide positive drainage and prevent standing condensate. Each unit contains two separate drain pans which are provided for either vertical or horizontal fan coil positions.
- Accessory economizer can provide ventilation air to improve indoor air quality. When used with CO2 sensors, the economizer admits fresh outdoor air to replace stale, recirculated indoor air.
- Accessory UV-C germicidal lamps can eliminate foul odors that result from the growth of mold and fungus on evaporator coil and condensate pan surfaces.
The 524J--H Series packaged air handlers have low initial costs, and they continue to save money by providing reduced installation expense and energy-efficient performance.
Quick installation is ensured by the multi-position design. Units can be installed in either the horizontal or vertical (upflow) configuration without modifications. All units have drain-pan connections on both sides, and pans can be pitched for right-hand or left hand operation with a simple adjustment.
Fan motors and contactors are pre-wired and TXVs are factory-installed on 524J--H models.
High-efficiency, precision balanced fans minimize air turbulence, surging, and unbalanced operation, thereby cutting operating expenses.
Economizer accessory precisely controls the blend of outdoor air and room air to achieve comfort levels. When the outside air enthalpy is suitable, outside air dampers can fully open to provide “free” cooling.
Die-formed galvanized steel panels ensure structural integrity under all operating conditions. Mechanically bonded coil fins provide improved heat transfer.
Galvanized steel fan housings are securely mounted to a die-formed galvanized steel deck.
Model 524J--H air handling units have galvanized steel casings; inlet and outlet connections are on the same end. Chilled water coils have 1/2-in. (12.7mm) diameter copper tubes mechanically bonded to aluminum sine wave fins. All chilled water coils have non--ferrous headers.
Direct expansion (DX) coils are designed for use with
Puron® R-410A refrigerant and have copper tubes mechanically bonded to aluminum sine-wave fins.
Direct-expansion coils include matched, factory-installed thermostatic expansion valves (TXVs) with matching distributor nozzles.
Easier installation and service
The multi-position design and component layout allow for quick unit installation and operation. The DX coils have factory-installed TXVs with matching distributor nozzles. Units can be converted from horizontal to vertical operation by simply repositioning the unit.
Drain pan connections are duplicated on both sides of the unit. The filters, motor, drive, TXVs, and coil connections are easily accessed by removing a single side panel.
|Weight||713 Pound (lb.)|
|Width||28.1875 Inches (in)|
|Height||56.0625 Inches (in)|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|UPC or Barcode||1P524JE16A000A20AAA|
|EPA Cert Required||No|
|Length||89 Inches (in)|
|Equipment Type||Straight Cool|